All About Jamie Foxx
Jamie Foxx’s Biography
Jamie Foxx, American singer-songwriter, comedian, actor and musician, is one well-rounded talented man. He was born under the sun sign of Sagittarius in Terrell, Texas on December 13, 1967 to his mother Louise and father Shaheed Abdulah. He was raised by his grandparents, Mark and Estelle Talley after his mother and father split up in a strict Baptist environment and as a child he participated in choir and Boy Scouts. In high school he was quarterback of the football team and pretty good, but chose to study music in college on a music scholarship instead. His comedy career began when a girlfriend dared him to do stand-up at the local Comedy Club. Shortly after, he was cast on “In Living Color” and that launched his subsequent comedy and acting career, both on television and silver screen. Jamie made his film debut in 1992 at the age of 25 for the comedy film “Toys” and his first record album, “Peep” the same year. His first dramatic role came seven years later in 1999 with Oliver Stone’s “Any Given Sunday”. His next film, “Collateral,” earned a nomination for an Academy Award as Best Supporting Actor next to Tom Cruise. He has since managed to accrue several awards and nominations. There are actually so many we couldn’t begin to list them all here but they are spread across his acting and music ventures and he doesn’t appear to be ready to slow down any time soon.
Jamie Fox’s Body Facts
Jamie’s acting career puts special demands on his physique and he’s responding by building up some pretty dynamic muscle mass and definition. His body is definitely one step up from “looks pretty good at the beach” with a 43-inch chest and a 32 inch waist. For a guy who’s 5’10” tall and a lean 189 pounds, that’s pretty well put together. Although the sculpt of his body has varied over the years, he’s always been fit and after filming “Django” and “White House Down” he’s ramped up his training. His biceps, measuring in at 16 inches, is bigger than most men’s collar size. He’s been caught doing pull-ups and push-ups anywhere he can get the time and privacy to do them. But one this is sure about Jamie, the guy’s got style.
Jamie’s Measurement Summary:
Weight: 189 pounds
Shoe size: 12
Interesting Things You May Not Know About Jamie:
- Jamie’s real name is Eric Marlon Bishop.
- He chose his stage name at the Comedy Club. The reason he chose a name so non-gender specific is because the establishment offered preferential selection to women on open-mic nights and it gave him a better chance of making it to the mic.
- Jamie’s mother was adopted, and when her marriage failed with Jamie’s father, her parents adopted 7-month-old Jamie too making Jamie’s mother his sister in a strange twist of fate.
- He started learning to play the piano at the age of 3.
- He was so good at telling jokes as a kid that his second-grade teacher used to tell the class if they behaved, she would let Jamie tell jokes.
- He was the first person to be nominated for 3 Golden Globe acting awards in the same year and the second man ever to be nominated for 2 Oscar in two different movies in the same year.
- His idols are: Richard Pryor for comedy, Denzel Washington for acting, and Steven Hardin for music.
- He’s a dedicated Miami Heat fan.
- In 2005, Jamie was named one of People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People”.
- He lost 30 pounds to be able to play the role of Ray Charlies in the 2004 movie, “Ray”.
- Jamie credits R. Kelly for his musical and personal style.
- He had a #1 single on Billboard and an Oscar for acting at the same time, joining the ranks of the only others to accomplish it: Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Barbara Streisand and Cher.
- Named in 2006 as one of People’s “Hottest Bachelors”.
- He chose “Foxx” for his stage name after Red Foxx who he idolized as a comedian.